Countless people have to deal with the harsh symptoms of insomnia ruining their quality of life. Among the holistic remedies for insomnia, cannabis is very popular among the people. In the next few lines, we’re going to talk about the most efficient cannabis strains that can help you get rid of the insomnia symptoms easily. Clearly, living with insomnia and waking in the middle of the night only to stay awake until sunrise isn’t a nice experience.
This sleep disorder affects millions of people in the world, and cannabis seems to be a fitting treatment. In particular, the phytochemicals, cannabinoids, and terpenes inside the plant help alleviate insomniac symptoms, relaxing your mind and body. THC, CBD, and CBN (a newly-discovered cannabinoid) paly an essential role. If the THC is in a smaller quantity, the euphoric symptoms will die down, instead replaced by sedation and a soothing feeling of relaxation that overcomes the body and mind.
Best strains for insomnia
- Sweet ZZ – The name says it all. This strain contains sweet terpenes like humulene, caryophyllene, and linalool, three of the most relaxing terpenes in any cannabis strain. Caryophyllene, in particular, affects the CB2 receptors in the endocannabinoid system, resulting in feelings of relaxation and comfort. Sweet ZZ contains about 22% THC, which will further increase the feeling of tiredness and soothing relaxation.
- Medical Mass – If you’ve heard of myrcene, then you know of its sleep-inducing and relaxing effects. Medical Mass contains a lot of myrcene and other beneficial phytochemicals. After taking a hit from this wonderful strain, you’ll feel yourself sinking into a deep sleep. You’ll feel the rush of comfort take over all your body, instilling peak sleepiness in a few minutes. Moreover, the 10% THC won’t let you become too euphoric or hyperactive. Instead, it’ll make you contemplative, which is perfect for falling asleep.
- Northern Light – With about 18% THC concentration, this Afghani-bred wonderful cultivar will make you hit the bed instantly. There are loads of myrcene in this strain, which leads to the feeling of sedation many users love. This strain is known for its couch-lock effect, being a bit more intense than other relaxing strains. It’ll feel like someone’s whacked you in the head with a golf club, sending you to sleep instantly.
- Legendary OG Punch – Just like the sleepiness you’ll get plastered on your brain like a punch, this strain is a real wonder-drug. Again, myrcene takes center-stage here, sending large amounts of phytochemicals and molecules to your brain. The THC content is 19%, and it’ll send you spiraling toward relaxation in a split second. Your muscular tension will ease, your chaotic thoughts will become singular and united, and your body will thoroughly relax. All that’s left is to succumb to a good night’s sleep under the sweet taste of this strain!
- God’s Gift – The primary terpenes here are pinene, myrcene, and caryophyllene, three of the most sedative terpenes in cannabis. There’s no better name for this strain, as most insomniacs would see it as a God-given that they can fall asleep after smoking it. Your stress will fly always, muscular tension disappears, your jumbled thoughts become coherent and quiet, while your body sinks deeper into the mattress. Are you feeling sleep yet?
- Tahoe OG Kush – The second God-given gift to mankind, this cannabis strain will help even the most problematic insomniacs get a good night’s sleep. With enough limonene, myrcene, and caryophyllene to sedate a bull, the Tahoe OG Kush presents itself as a fast-acting sleeping aid. Your body will become wholly relaxed, while your mind shuts down for the time being. Isn’t that what most insomniacs want?
Science has shown us that the interaction between terpenes and cannabinoids leads to the entourage effect, known for its wonderful benefits on the human body. With enough THC, you’ll start going toward the dreamworld by yourself. The myrcene or the caryophyllene terpenes provide the sedation, while the CBD relaxes your muscles, eases your mind, and gives you the final push toward sleep.
Insomniacs need the best cannabis strains if they want to fall asleep and alleviate their stress. It will be like a sweet embrace once they manage to wake up in the morning, feeling rested and satisfied. The cannabis strains we mentioned before can achieve this due to their unique phytochemical and cannabinoids interactions. The molecules contained in these strains lead to all sorts of wonderful effects on the body and mind.
Have a good night’s sleep now!