NOTE: THIS ARTICLE IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR SOUND MEDICAL ADVICE. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR PRIMARY CARE PROFESSIONAL FOR THE BEST WELLNESS REGIMEN THAT FITS YOUR NEEDS.
This article is for those either approaching or are enduring plateaus in their weight-loss regimen. This article is also for those who are interested in finding new ways to lose weight. Here are my top five weight-loss hacks you can do, at home. And they work.
- DRINK MORE WATER. This will fill your stomach, clear your skin and help with metabolism. This is the absolute best thing you can do for your body in general.
- GET SOME SLEEP. Studies have shown consistently that those who get less sleep are more likely to be overweight. Getting proper rest will enhance your life (better moods, better brain function for starters).
- SWITCH OUT YOUR CONDIMENTS. You like ketchup, tartar sauce, stuff like that? A great (and tasty) alternative would be substituting these sauces for salad dressings and other low-calorie dipping sauces and marinades. You might discover a new favorite.
- Stop Drinking SODA. Aside from obesity, diabetes and several other debilitating diseases that have been linked to soda consumption, you can definitely use a break from the soda addiction. Try drinking more water. It’s calorie-free, not addicting and there’s no crash when it wears off. Just try it. Your brain and your body will love you for it.
- ENTER INTERMITTENT FASTING (IF). This popular weight-loss method does work. The methodology of it is simply eat what you’d normally eat in a smaller time frame. See the attached IF planner for more.
In closing, these tips are not the be-all end-all for weight-loss and fitness, but every little bit does help. Never be afraid to experiment, try new things and basically go for it!! Only thing stopping you is you. This is “thinking person’s fitness: some assembly is required”.